How to Fix: HP Monitor That’s Not Working
Having trouble with your computer monitor, is your HP monitor showing a black screen? Before you decide that your HP monitor is not working use this checklist to check if there isn’t something you can do to fix the issue.
1.Test your monitor on another PC
Most newer monitors have a self-diagnostic function that will show a message if the monitor is not receiving a signal from the computer. If you are seeing this message, then your monitor is probably fine. If the screen is black, try the monitor on another PC to troubleshoot the issue to make sure it’s not your PC.
2. Listen for a Beep Sound
If the computer is make a beeping sound when turned on, a card, cable, memory module, or processor inside the computer might have come loose.
Do you hear the computer’s fans? If you don’t hear anything your PC might not be on, also check the power lights on the computer, if they are not on the problem is related to the computer, not the monitor.
3. Check the Monitor’s Cable
That might be the simplest, most obvious problem but people don’t always check this. Sometimes when moving your monitor when cleaning or for any other reason, could cause the cable from coming loose. Also check the cable for bent pins or damage to the external insulation as you will only have to replace the cable, the monitor might be fine.
4. Reset and update the BIOS
You can do this without having to be able to see on the screen.
- When you restart/turn on your computer start pressing F10 repeatedly for 8 Secs.
- The press the Down Arrow 3 times.
- Then, press Enter 2 times.
- The computer will then restart. If the monitor is still blank, it could be a graphics card issue.
- Update your Graphics Drivers
If you have connected your monitor to another PC and it’s working then it might be your graphics card or the drivers might only need to be updated.
For only $9.99 a month Driver Support | ONE can help you save time and frustration dealing with common Windows device issues as well as added optimization and safety features.
Give Driver Support a Try Today
Are you experiencing a monitor that isn’t working for a different brand? Browse our similar support articles below:
- 3 Troubleshooting Tricks When Your Monitor Won’t Run at 144Hz
- My Monitor Won’t Run at 120 Hz
- Second Monitor Not Working on Windows 10 PC
- Philips Monitor Not Working
- My Monitor Won’t Show the Correct Resolution Settings
- Is Your Enzio Monitor Not Turning On?
- Is Your Dell Monitor Not Working? Here is How To Fix It
- Fix Flickering PC Monitor Issues
- Sharp Monitor Not Working
- Tips to Follow When Your Monitor Is Not Working