DRIVER SUPPORT SOFTWARE PRINCIPLES
Effective Date: 11/14/2014
- Transparent Installation & Disclosures
- Simple Removal of Software
- Clear Software Behavior
- Data Collection (Snooping)
- We Keep Good Company
To create a great software product, the customer experience must be the focus. While providing comprehensive personal computing driver solutions over the last 19+ years, Driver Support has made it a primary goal to put our customers and their PC needs first. Whether it’s helping every registered customer install their first driver absolutely free or, our easy to use Refund Policy or, our top tier customer support; our goal is to help users maintain their computer device drivers in good working order easily and safely.
Driver Support with Active Optimization provides quick, easy, and safe access to all of the latest drivers for the user’s Windows PC. Saving customers time and minimizing the possibility of installing the wrong Windows driver; which could cause a system crash. All drivers offered by Driver Support with Active Optimization are available free of charge from the respective manufacturer’s websites. Full Driver Support with Active Optimization registration requires a subscription fee, enabling customers to use the tool in a fully unlocked mode and keeping the system updated regularly as well as monitoring for specific plug and play events where a driver may be needed.
Below you will find our outline regarding what we deem as our core software principles. If you have questions on anything below or would like to contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparent Installation & Disclosures
When installing Driver Support with Active Optimization the message is clear and the user has complete control of the installation process. We do not force any user to download the software nor do we automatically download without the user’s permission. We do not bundle any third-party software without the user’s knowledge or permission. While we do provide drivers for almost all major manufacturers we do not imply that we are directly affiliated with these companies and users may obtain these drivers free of charge from the respective manufacturer’s support websites. Driver Support does however makes it easy for users that want to save time and guesswork in finding the right driver for their PC devices. Having the correct drivers may help improve the computers performance and usability (including add new features as provided by the updated drivers) however there is no guarantee every machine will see the same results or noticeable performance improvements.
Driver Support is a certified Microsoft Partner Gold
Simple Removal of Software
We make uninstalling our software easy and simple for any user and follow standard uninstall best practices. There are no affects to the user’s machine when uninstalling our software. Uninstallation options are located in the normal locations on a person’s computer; in the Windows Start Menu as well in the Programs area of the control panel. We charge no fees for uninstalling the software and there are no hoops a user has to jump through to complete the process of uninstalling. Our full uninstall instructions are provided online as well.
Clear Software Behavior
When downloading Driver Support with Active Optimization the clear expectation for our users is that they are downloading a tool to help them identify out of date or missing drivers for their Windows computer and then help them fix any potential issues quickly and easily upon registration of the software.
- Driver Support with Active Optimization does not download or install additional third party software without express consent by the user.
- Driver Support with Active Optimization does not make system settings changes without express consent from the user.
- When performing a system scan of device drivers it is our goal to only show valid driver issues to the end user and not over inflate the number of driver issues thereby confusing the user or “scaring” the user in any way. We will only show relevant issues to be addressed to our users.
- Driver Support with Active Optimization does not affect the user’s computer in any way outside of providing the tools to update and maintain their drivers and optimizations.
- Driver Support with Active Optimization offers all users who have purchased the full licensed product a complimentary driver update walkthrough, where a Driver Support representative will help the user install their first driver using the Driver Support tool absolutely free. This option is offered during the checkout process via a support phone number option.
Data Collection (Snooping)
Why Driver Support with Active Optimization Collects Device Hardware and Software Inventory Information
Driver Support with Active Optimization collects your device’s hardware and software inventory information in order to deliver our driver and other device-associated recommendations, download access, and installation automations provided in our software. The hardware and software inventory data is essential for our software and servers to match the best updates for a particular system on an ongoing basis. We retain this information in order to continuously improve our matching intelligence based on aggregating and normalizing the data collected across all systems.
We Keep Good Company
Driver Support takes pride in the fact that we are open and transparent with our users and we strive to project that with the partners we have relationships with. We feel it is important to create strong long lasting partners that reflect our same values in terms of putting the user first and providing only top tier products and services.
You may recognize some of our partners such as Microsoft and Symantec:
- We are a Microsoft Partner having achieved their Gold Application Development competency. This assures you that we follow all of Microsoft’s strict software quality standards. Our Verification URL
- We have been a Symantec Partner for several years. Our technology has been embedded in two of their products so far and we are proud to promote their security solutions to our customers when appropriate. This two-way partnership demonstrates both the quality of our technology as well as the shared values between us and Norton with regard to our customers.
- We also want to make sure we have a clear path to the “voice of the customer” and in order to help facilitate that we have partnered with TrustPilot a leader in the consumer review space. We ask all our customers to review us and let us know how we can make our product and service better for them and customers to come. Check out what our customers are saying: Driver Support On TrustPilot
DriverSupport.com Contact Information
For questions about this policy as well as product-related technical support: https://secure.driversupport.com/account/support/contact/
Send all other correspondence to:Driver Support
7600 Capital of Texas Highway,
Building B, Suite 350
Austin, Texas 78731 USA
Phone: (877) 615-2407 (Office Hours: 8AM – 4:30PM Central)
Fax: 254.983.9179 email@example.com