How To: Windows 10 Optimization Tips, Speed It Up!
There are several common issues that can slow down any operating system, even Windows 10 – which touts itself as one of the quickest versions of Windows to date.
Issues like background applications that clog your computer’s memory, reducing the number of programs that start when the system is turned on or junk files that fill your hard drive are some of the easiest fixes.
For only $9.99 a month Driver Support | ONE can help you save time and frustration dealing with common Windows device issues as well as added optimization and safety features.
Give Driver Support a Try Today
Solution 1 : Uninstall programs that are not used in Windows 10
Removing programs from your system that you no longer use can go a long way to help free up memory and storage for Windows 10 optimization.
Fortunately, Windows 10 makes the process quite simple and if you need some ideas for what programs can safely be removed try going through this list. Here’s what you can do:
- First type Programs and features into the Windows 10 search field.
- Open the Apps and Features system settings app (you can also open the “Add or remove programs” app as shown in the screenshot below).
- Choose an app you are sure you no longer need then highlight it by clicking on the program and then click and select Uninstall.
By default, many programs and apps will load when Windows 10 starts. These startup programs can be waste your system resources.
For some ideas on what startup programs you can do without try this list. Here’s what you can do:
- -First type “System Configuration” into the Windows 10 search field
- Open the System Configuration app
- Choose the Services tab and then check the box labeled Hide all Microsoft services (Shown in the image above with a red arrow)
- Then uncheck the boxes next to the programs you don’t think you need to disable them and click Apply
You can also identify the temporary junk files that programs and apps dump within Windows 10 that are no longer needed.
For further tips on clearing up junk files try these tips. Here’s what you can do:
- First type Disk cleanup into the Windows 10 search field
- Open the Disk cleanup app
- Choose the hard drive you wish to clean (Typically c:)
- You can now choose the files you wish to clean. Just check the box next to the item. Windows 10 will explain in further detail if you’re unsure what it does, just highlight the item and it will tell you. This is an easy Windows optimization you can perform regularly.
- Finally, click on Clean up system files
Solution 4: Use a PC Optimization Tool
A PC optimization tool is a program that digs deep into your PC and fixes issues that may be causing the slowdown and unresponsiveness.
These are tools that help optimize PC usage, reduce I/O device latency, improve system memory management, and many others. You can perform many of these PC optimization steps using Windows’ own built-in maintenance tools.
However, that would be time-consuming. PC optimization programs offer these functions in one convenient package.
If you are looking for a recommendation, you should Give Driver Support | ONE a try today!. On top of being a reliable driver update tool, Driver Support also comes with Active Optimization, a patented technology for tuning up your Windows PC.
You should be careful, many third party tools for PC optimization may include malware or remove core parts of Windows from the Operating System. Be sure to search for reviews of a product before using it.
Solution 5: Windows Clean Up Your Disk
Unwanted junk such as temporary files and offline web pages can slow down your PC especially when your hard drive is close to full capacity.
Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup is a trusty tool that will help clean up junk files from your computer. Simply type Disk Cleanup from the start menu.
You may also delete old Windows installation files since they can also take up too much space. However, be warned that by doing this, you won’t be able to revert to old versions of Windows 10.
Solution 6: Disable Visual Effects and Animations
Windows 10 has some neat visual effects such as shadows, animations, and more. However, these effects can affect system performance, especially on slower and older PCs.
To customize Windows 10’s visual effects and animations, simply type sysdm.cpl in the search box.
Then on the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab, then click Settings under Performance. From the Visual Effects tab, you can disable some of the settings that can affect sysdm.cpl performance.
We highly recommend that you disable the following for the best computer performance:
- Animations in the taskbar
- Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
- Show shadows under windows
- Fade or slide menus into view
- Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Fade out menu items after clicking
- Fade or slide ToolTips into view
Alternatively, you can just choose “Adjust for best performance” and click Apply.
Driver Support has some great built-in Windows level optimizations. Active Optimization uses patented technology (US Patent #8438378) to tune your Windows 10 PC.
It evaluates the workload, environment, and opportunities then adjusts your Windows 10 OS to yield optimal performance for the settings it configures.
To learn more about Active Optimization click here.
Automatically Optimize and update Windows 10 Drivers (Recommended)
Driver Support will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers in your computer. Drivers can be a cause of a slow machine as well, some devices like video cards and sound cards can receive driver updates from the manufacturer that can increase performance in some cases. It is possible to update the Drivers automatically with the Premium version of Driver Support.
1. Give Driver Support | ONE a try today! and Install Driver Support
2. Let the software run the free scan for you to detect all your driver problems and any other optimization opportunities
3. Click the “FIX IT” button and register Driver Support to get started updating your drivers for devices on your computer and getting all the Windows 10 optimization benefits
4. Once Registered and in Premium mode the software will walk you through the entire process, plus with your registration, you will receive unlimited tech support with our Driver Support Signature Service! Just call us toll-free after registration.