Why Is My HP Deskjet 2652 Printer Not Printing?
The HP Deskjet 2652 printer boasts a collection of advanced features that you will notice straight off the bat.
It is an all-in-one printer, copier, and scanner that has proven to be extremely useful for home offices.
Users will appreciate the easy installation and high print quality of the HP Deskjet 2652, as well as its incredibly low price.
However, as with all computer peripherals, there are times when your device will not work as expected. We look at what the possible fixes are for a HP Deskjet 2652 printer that is not printing.
Get Your HP Deskjet 2652 Printer Working Again
If you find that your device is unresponsive or is producing errors, there are several steps you could take to troubleshoot the issue and get it up and running again:
1. Basic Printer Problems
Sometimes you may overlook the basics of device operation when trying to produce an urgent print job.
The following checks should get the basics out of the way:
- Is the printer powered up?
- Have you connected the printer to your computer?
- Is there paper loaded and sufficient ink?
- Is there electric power available? If you are using a power strip, it could be loose from the socket or its power switch flipped off by a surge.
2. Clear the Print Queue
If you have tried to troubleshoot the basics above but your printer still does not respond, then it may be time to examine the print queue.
Sometimes, a document you have sent to print may get stuck in your print queue, stopping subsequent documents from being printed.
If you have a single document that is holding up your queue, simply restarting the print job or clearing it should get you going again.
However, if this fails to work, you may be forced to cancel all documents in the queue and retry printing them:
- Click the Start button, type “devices” into the search box and click the Control Panel app Devices and Printers.
- When the Devices and Printers window opens, right-click the icon of the HP Deskjet 2652 printer that you are having trouble with. Select See what’s printing to view your print queue.
- If the printer problem is caused by a single document and you have several documents in your print queue, it is normally the earliest document that has an issue.
To arrange the queued documents in order with the one submitted earliest at the top, click the header on the Submitted column.
Right click the first document and pick the Cancel command from the pop-out menu.
- Select “Yes” on the confirmation window to cancel the document.
If you cancelled the stuck document from the queue successfully, it should no longer appear in the list and your printer should immediately begin printing the document that is next in line.
- If the offending document is removed from the queue but you still cannot print – or if the stuck document was not deleted at all – then you should try cancelling the entire queue.
To clear the whole queue, go to the Printer menu at the top of the print queue window and select Cancel all documents.
The entire print queue should be erased. You may try sending a new document to see if your printer now works.
3. Issues with Wired and Wireless Networking
A printer connected to a wired network was once the norm. However, printer manufacturers have since launched devices such as the HP Deskjet 2652 that can connect to wireless networks and can interface with different gadgets on these networks.
Although this new functionality provides additional convenience, it has also introduced an extra level of complexity and troubleshooting difficulty.
If your printer had worked well in the past, you should try out the following tips:
- Restart everything: It does not matter how your network is set up – every device on it interacts with everything else, which means that a single malfunctioning device will affect the rest. Try to restart all connected devices to see if it gets your printer up and humming.
- Check the printer’s network connectivity: Print out a configuration page/test sheet directly from your Deskjet printer. When the page is printed, you may confirm that the device is connected to your network by looking at the indicated IP address, which should be similar to those of other devices on the same network.
- Reconfigure your printer’s network settings: Turn off the printer and disconnect it from your network. You may then reinstall it using the original installation media and following the instructions in its manual.
4. Windows Updates
Upgrading your computer to the latest version of Windows or installing the newest operating system patches can result in a host of new problems including device incompatibility, unforeseen bugs and sluggish performance from your computer.
If you have used Windows for a while, you should be familiar with unexpected issues arising from running the Windows Update feature.
However, the operating system’s problematic nature could extend to other areas that you may not expect, including the proper functioning of your HP Deskjet printer.
If your system had been set to carry out automatic updates, ensure that they are successfully completed.
These include drivers and software, both of which are important if you are trying to fix a printer problem.
If any of the automatic updates fail to completely download and install, the results could be technical issues with your printer.
Make sure that all essential drivers are updated to ensure seamless functionality of your devices. You may find out if there are any issues by inspecting your computer’s device manager.
You can do this in the following way:
- Right-click the Start button and click on Device Manager from the pop up list
- Device Manager opens, showing you the hardware installed on your computer. Any problems affecting your devices will be indicated by a yellow caution sign. If the window is clear as shown below, you may move on to the next step.
5. Driver Problems
If you have tried all of the fixes above but your HP Deskjet 2652 will not print, you could be having problems due to corrupt or outdated device drivers.
If this is the case, then you should try downloading and installing the latest drivers from the HP support website.
- Visit the HP support website and enter the printer model number.
- Click the Download button when prompted to start downloading the printer software.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Accept the software terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox and clicking Continue.
- Enable HP Auto Wireless Connect if you are on a Wi-Fi network and click Continue.
- The installer will verify your connection.
- Select Full software and drivers option and click Continue.
- Installation of the software will now proceed.
- When installation is complete, restart your computer and printer and test to see if it now prints.
Get Your HP DeskJet 2652 up and Running Again
A systematic approach to troubleshooting your printer issues will help you isolate the problem quickly and get you printing as quickly and painlessly as possible.
However, you may have noticed that manually trying to troubleshoot issues with outdated software and drivers is tedious and complex.
If you install the wrong drivers, you could end up damaging your printer or making your computer unstable.
If you want to avoid wasting time searching the internet for the correct drivers or risk making a mistake in a complex driver installation procedure, you should consider using an automated system like Driver Support for your HP Deskjet 2652 printer issues.
When Driver Support software is installed and fully registered, it helps you to get your device printing again and will also scan your PC for any other problems that may affect its performance.
Do not let your urgent work be delayed by your HP Deskjet 2652 printer not printing. Give DriverSupport | ONE a try today! software today and get the latest drivers for your device.