ViewSonic Monitor Not Working: 4 Troubleshooting Steps
When it comes to computer monitors, ViewSonic is certainly one of the most respected brands.
The ViewSonic brand is well-known for quality monitors, and ranks right up there with brands like Acer, Asus, BenQ, and many others. Whether you require a monitor for the most basic tasks or for heavy-duty applications like gaming, your display needs will surely be accommodated by ViewSonic.
Like any piece of PC hardware, ViewSonic monitors have their fair share of issues.
For this guide, we share some troubleshooting steps for “ViewSonic monitor not working” issues that many end-users have experienced.
1. Check the Physical Connection
Before you modify your device settings and update the drivers, make sure that you check the physical connection from the monitor to your computer or laptop’s video port.
The wire connection might just be loose, which is why the monitor doesn’t display anything. In addition, make sure that the monitor is plugged to a wall outlet and is receiving power. While you’re at it, you can try switching out the DVI or HDMI cable because the problem might be due to a bad cable.
2. Update the Video Driver
If the monitor is not working, it’s always a good idea to check if you are running the latest drivers. If the problem indeed lies with the display driver, this can be easily solved by updating to the latest drivers.
However, updating drivers is not as clear-cut as you might expect. You still need to find the model number of your monitor, find a source for said drivers, and find the latest version. If you think that it sounds a bit complicated, it is.Fortunately, there is no shortage of tools that will allow you to automatically update your monitor drivers. One such tool is DriverSupport.
To update your device drivers using DriverSupport, follow the steps below:
- Give Driver Support | ONE a try today! and install on your computer.
- Open the software and perform a quick scan. DriverSupport will list all the potential drivers that need to be updated which should include your monitor drivers.
- Click the green “Fix it!” button to automatically download and install the drivers. Register for a premium account once you are prompted.
DriverSupport is a handy tool for downloading and installing the latest driver updates.
3. Try the Monitor with Another Computer
If the ViewSonic monitor is not working, there’s a good chance that there’s something wrong with the PC itself. This can be a tricky issue to troubleshoot since you will be needing another computer for testing.
Basically, you just have to hook up the monitor to another computer to make sure that there’s nothing wrong with your hardware, especially the pin connector.
4. Roll Back to a Previous Driver Version
Sometimes, the latest display drivers can cause issues which can result in the monitor to stop working.
If you are on Windows 10, listed below are the steps to roll back to a previous version of your video driver:
- Call the Run Box by pressing the Windows key + R key.
- On the Run Box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- On the Device Manager, look for the Display Adapters section and right-click on the display adapter software and select Properties.
- Under the Driver tab, click the Roll Back Driver button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once complete, you should be prompted to restart your PC.
- This tip is particularly helpful if you are running a two-monitor setup.