How to Remove Cookies in Firefox
What are cookies? Cookies are stored on your PC by websites you have visited and some information such as site preferences or your login status. Why would you want to delete your cookies? It could be that you might be worried about privacy issues or you keep seeing certain ads pop up with products you have no interest in or already purchased.
It could be that you are scared of hijacked cookie sessions, also known as cookie hijacking. This is the exploitation of a valid computer session to gain unauthorized access to information in a computer system.
This article will assist you with how to remove cookies in Firefox on a Windows computer.
Following the following steps;
- Open Firefox if you’re not already in Firefox. Follow the steps detailed below:
- Go to the menu button in the upper right corner.
- Select Options.
- In the Privacy window > click on Clear your recent history.
- Go to the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear, select Everything, then click on Clear Now.
- In the left-side column, click on Advanced, then go to the Network tab.
- When you’re in the Cached Web Content section, click on Clear Now.
Your cookies will now be cleared from your Firefox Browser.
Are you using another browser? Review our help articles to help you remove cookies on other browsers: