How to Download the Logitech K800 Keyboard Driver
The Logitech K800 Keyboard is the perfect product for when you need to keep typing in any environment with reduced lighting. With hand-proximity sensors that initiate the backlight on the keyboard, the device will ensure you do not miss a keystroke during late-night writing or gaming sessions. The keyboard’s design takes up more space than most and provides enough function keys that include shortcuts to email and volume controls, as well as music playback.
You can switch the setting on or off, but when activated the lights will dim automatically when your hands move away from the keyboard and light up again once your hands return to the device. It also uses a 2.4GHz USB dongle receiver to improve connectivity that also allows you to connect multiple devices to a single receiver.
The SetPoint application enables you to setup and configure after downloading the Logitech K800 keyboard driver. The software includes the necessary drivers for your Logitech products, so you should download and install the software to gain access to all the device’s features.
- From the Logitech Support website, select the Downloads tab.
- Logitech will recommend the appropriate download for your operating system; however, you should ensure this is correct before downloading and installing the software.
- After the download completes, locate the executable file in your download folder and double click to start the installation process.
- When prompted, select the “Run” command to start installing SetPoint on your PC.
- Select “Next” on the first page to continue with the installation.
- On the next page, you’ll receive a prompt to opt-in to Logictech’s analytics and data collection service that helps the company improve its customer experience and products. You can choose either option to continue.
- The application will provide you with a progress bar while the software installs.
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll see a final page that allows you to add a Chrome or Firefox extension that enables smooth scrolling within these browsers.
- You can add the extensions, or simply click finish to complete the installation.
Note that SetPoint will install the latest drivers for your device and includes the Logitech Unifying Software.
Logitech Unifying Software enables you to connect multiple wireless devices to a single USB Receiver. Usually, each wireless device would require its own USB port. By using the Logitech Unifying Software, you can setup and use multiple different devices with a single USB dongle.
- To open Logitech Unifying Software, hit the Windows Key and scroll down until you locate the Logitech Folder that contains the Unifying Software.
Find Logitech Folder
- After expanding the folder, click on the Logitech Unifying Software Icon to launch the application.
Find Unifying Software
- With Logitech’s Unifying Software, you can connect up to six different wireless devices to a single radio receiver. The application also provides helpful tutorials and step-by-step instructions for connecting your Logitech K800 wireless keyboard (or any other Logitech wireless device). Once you connect the radio receiver USB dongle, it will automatically scan and connect all compatible devices. After pairing a device, it will automatically connect to the PC whenever you turn on the device.
Unifying Software Landing Page
Logitech’s SetPoint application provides all the required software drivers for the appropriate devices (including the Logitech K800 wireless keyboard). If the device isn’t working as expected, you need to check for any available updates to the software.
Software updates provide both security patches and bug fixes for the devices connected to your PC. Regularly checking for updates from Logitech will ensure your devices do not create a security risk and continue to operate at the expected performance levels.
- Open the SetPoint software by clicking on the application tray of your taskbar.
- Click on the Logitech Icon using the right-hand mouse button and choose settings.
- From the Landing Page, select the Tool Icon to access the software page.
- On the software settings page, select “Check Now” from the Web Updates section.
- You can also configure the software to check for updates at specific intervals by clicking the Configure button.
By unticking the “Turn on automatic updates” option, you can change whether the software automatically checks for updates of the Logitech K800 keyboard driver. If you select the option, you can choose one of the subsequent options to either notify you of new updates, download the updates and let you install, or automatically download and install the updates.
It remains a good practice to regularly check and ensure your PC is using the latest, accurate drivers from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). While this requires a level of computer expertise and administrative effort, you can opt to use Driver Support to manage your drivers for you instead. Driver Support scans your PC, downloads the required drivers, and installs them for you. With Active Optimization, your PC will always perform at the optimal levels.
Give Driver Support | ONE a try today! today and take advantage of automated PC optimization.