How Do I Set Up My Logitech C922?
There are few resources available online that detail the actual setup of a Logitech C922 with any recording software. What’s more, many popular streaming platforms such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, or Twitch don’t provide guides for setting up a webcam to stream on their platform.
That’s why we’ve created a detailed guide on how to set up your Logitech C922. You’ll find everything you need to know here about the process, including assembly, ways you can use your C922, and how to use streaming software such as OBS or XSplit.
Features of the Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
When you unpack your Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam, it should come with three individual pieces. The tripod is meant to be used when recording from a distance or to avoid visual shaking as you’re recording.
- C922 Pro Stream Webcam with a USB hookup
- Mounting Tripod
- User Manual
The C922 Webcam captures natural lighting without distortion with a full HD glass lens. It can accommodate the view of up to two people at once when placed on a monitor. If you’re in a dark room, the C922 autofocus feature corrects the lighting and sharpens images to high definition.
- Full HD glass autofocus lens
- Dual microphone
- Indicator light
- Flexible base clip
- Tripod attachment
Assembling the Logitech C922 Webcam
The Logitech C922 Webcam can be set up to get the ideal camera angle for any activity, whether you need a full-body presentation or want a crystal-clear portrait.
1. Desktop Computer Monitor Mounting
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam can be used to capture up-close images or video from the top of any computer monitor or TV.
To set up your Logitech C922 Webcam on top of a monitor or TV:
- Completely extend the mounting stand until it reaches the top width of your monitor or TV
- Turn the bottom piece of the mounting stand, so it matches the angle of the back of your monitor or TV
- Place the mounting stand on top of your monitor or TV and tighten the bars until they’re flush with each surface
- Pivot the webcam up, down, or to the sides to center the camera angle
After you have securely mounted the C922 to your monitor or TV, it’s ready to be plugged in and used with any recording application on your computer.
2. Tripod Mounting
You can set up your Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam to record a 78-degree view of a room for presentations or live streams by attaching it to the tripod.
To set up your Logitech C922 Webcam with a tripod:
- Unfold and extend the legs of your tripod
- Place the webcam on top of the tripod, aligning the swivel bolt with the webcam mounting hole
- Swivel the bolt by turning a small knob on the tripod
Once you have assembled your Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam on your tripod, plug it into your computer and load up your favorite recording application.
Ways to Use Your Logitech C922 Stream Webcam
Want to capture your ideas and share them anywhere and in any way online? There are several ways you can use your Logitech C922 Webcam to create high-quality videos, pictures, or presentation material.
1. Live Stream Videos
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam allows content creators to share content in high definition with thousands of viewers in real-time. Stream full 1080p at 30 frames per second and 720p at 60 frames per second live on platforms such as Twitch or YouTube.
- Stream video games or entertainment in real-time
- Create live presentations for work, customers, or followers
- Discuss matters of interest in live talk shows or podcasts
- Video call family or friends on Skype, Facetime, or Google Hangouts
Capture crystal-clear, 78-degree video with the Logitech C922 autofocus lens. With two microphones attached on each end, you can stream any live video with little to no audio drops.
2. Record and Edit Videos Offline
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam can be used with desktop recording software to create professional videos or snapshots. After you’ve finished recording, you can edit specific spots in the video and add in custom presentation details.
A few ways to use and set up a Logitech C922 Webcam include:
- Product demonstrations and tutorials
- Educational or promotional presentations
- Video game or entertainment videos
- Personal vlogs
- Talk shows or podcasts
- Desktop or laptop technical walkthroughs
No matter how you set up your Logitech C922 Webcam, you can complete offline recording in high definition at 1080p. Load up QuickTime Player (Mac) or Microsoft Camera App (Windows) to take photos or record videos offline.
For only $9.99 a month Driver Support | ONE can help you save time and frustration dealing with common Windows device issues as well as added optimization and safety features.
Give Driver Support a Try Today
How Do I Set Up My Logitech C922 Using XSplit Broadcaster?
XSplit Broadcaster offers live stream support for several platforms, which include Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and Twitch. After you hook up your webcam and create profiles for each platform, you can begin a live stream with XSplit Broadcaster.
1. Twitch Streaming with C922 Webcam
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Twitch: Navigate to the settings of your profile and the “Security and Privacy” tab. Before you can start broadcasting with XSplit, you must set up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Set Up Twitch Streaming Profile in XSplit: In XSplit Broadcaster, navigate to “Broadcast” > “Set up a new output” > “Twitch.” Select an account to authorize with XSplit and proceed.
- XSplit automatically chooses a resolution to record in based on target server connection quality.
- A settings window opens before you complete the setup, which allows you to customize the server and video recording options. Once you have completed the setup, your Twitch profile is set up in XSplit. You can begin a stream by navigating back to “Broadcast” and clicking on the new Twitch profile.
2. YouTube Streaming with C922 Webcam
- Enable YouTube Streaming Live: Click on your YouTube profile picture to open a dropdown and click on “YouTube Studio Beta.”
- On the left side of the page, navigate to “Other features” and click on “Live events” in the dropdown.
- Click on “Enable live streaming” to set up live streaming for your YouTube profile.
- Set Up YouTube Streaming Profile in XSplit: In XSplit Broadcaster, navigate to “Broadcast” > “Set up a new output” > “YouTube.” Select an account to authorize with XSplit and proceed.
- Once YouTube Live Properties window pops up, click “Authorize” to connect your Google account. You can also change any settings as needed before you begin a live stream. Once you’re ready to broadcast live with XSplit, navigate back to “Broadcast” and click your new YouTube Live profile.
3. Facebook Live Streaming with C922 Webcam
- Set Up Facebook Live Streaming Profile in XSplit: In XSplit Broadcaster, navigate to “Broadcast” > “Set up a new output” > “Facebook Live.”
- A prompt opens in XSplit to log in to your Facebook profile.
- Log in and set up permissions and posting options as you’d like them to appear whenever you stream live on Facebook. After you’ve completed the permission process, your Facebook Live profile is ready to use in XSplit. You can navigate anytime back to “Broadcast” and select your new Facebook Live profile in XSplit to begin a live stream.
Using OBS with Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
OBS live streaming software offers high-performance audio and video capturing in real-time when setting up your Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam. Whether you want to edit professional videos or create a custom live stream, you can have full control over every detail.
How to Set Up Logitech C922 with OBS
- Add Logitech C922 as a Capture Device: Click the “+” under the “Sources” section. Once you are in the drop-menu, select “Video Capture Device.”
- When this menu pops up, click “Create New” and hit “OK.”
- From the “Device” bar, you can select your Logitech C922 as a default Video Capture Device. Set any configurations up how you want them and click “OK” before exiting.
- Changing Resolution or Frames Per Second: With OBS open, click on “Settings” in the bottom-right portion of the screen and then on the “Video” tab on the next page. Here you can set up the screen resolution, downscale filter, and frames per second defaults for all videos recorded with OBS. Click “Apply” before exiting.
After you’ve finished applying the initial settings, you can begin recording or streaming in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
Missing Essential Software for Your Logitech C922 Stream Webcam?
Without the crucial drivers and software for your Logitech C922, your video quality can become distorted, and many of the main features may be unavailable. Some streaming software may not recognize your C922 without correct drivers, either.
If that’s the case, you need to update the drivers. By purchasing a Driver Support premium subscription, you can get automatic downloads and fixes for any outdated drivers on your computer. Instead of spending hours trying to locate the exact driver for your C922, let us help you.
Are you tired of trying to get the right drivers for your C922? Give Driver Support | ONE a try today! software, and you’ll never have to locate or fix broken drivers again.