Forgot My DeskJet 3630 Printer Password
Built for home and small office use, the HP DeskJet 3630 printer comes with a small footprint, modern design, wireless connectivity, and an affordable price tag. This printer isn’t suitable for bulk printing, as the commercial ink cartridges do cost more than competing models. HP offers an Instant Ink solution with prices based on the print volumes you use every month. Although this is an option for small offices, if your usage remains consistent, there’s not a great amount of savings available even with an Instant Ink subscription.
If you connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network instead of using the USB cable, you may run into an issue when you try to print after making changes to your PC. This can happen in cases where you’ve forgotten the Wi-Fi Direct password or making other network changes. However, troubleshooting the issue isn’t as tough as you may think.
How do I Find the Password for My HP DeskJet 3630 Printer?
If you’ve forgotten your Wi-Fi Direct password, you have two options to resolve the issue. Firstly, you can to opt print the latest network information directly from the printer, or reset the device’s network settings to default settings. When the PC or tablet prompts you to enter the password when you try to print, you can generate the Wi-Fi Direct settings report on the device.
Printing Out the Wi-Fi Direct Password on the DeskJet Printer
The printer records all networking information on its onboard drive. To connect an additional computer to the printer, you’ll have to enter the Wi-Fi Direct password on every PC you want to use with the printer.
- While you’re at the device, switch on the printer by pressing the Power Button on the device panel and wait for it to finish its startup process.
- Once the printer’s screen is on, press and hold the Wi-Fi Direct button to generate the network diagnostic report.
- The printer will start generating the report by printing a page. Wait for the printer to finish and you can now find detailed information about your current Wi-Fi Direct configuration. On this page, you can find the network status, name, hostname, and the Wi-Fi Direct password. Check the results and enter the Wi-Fi password on the computer or another device you’re trying to connect directly to the printer.
If you’re still facing issues, you may have to turn off Wi-Fi Direct and connect to a Wi-Fi network to use the printer.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network Instead of Using Wi-Fi Direct
If you’re still facing issues after updating your Wi-Fi Direct password, it could point to the printer’s hardware. In this case, you’ll need to reset the printer’s settings to default and test the process again or try to print over your Wi-Fi network.
- After turning on the printer, wait to see if it connects to a Wi-Fi network. The screen will indicate whether it’s connected or a blinking connection LED will indicate it’s still attempting to connect.
- If the Connection LED keeps blinking, it means the printer is failing to connect to a Wi-Fi network. To reset the Wi-Fi settings, you’ll need to perform a hard network reset on the printer.
- Switch on the printer and wait for its startup process to complete.
- Once the printer is on, you’ll need to press and hold the power button while performing the next steps.
- Press the Black Copy button two times while still pressing the Power Button.
- To complete the network reset, now press the Cancel Button three times while keeping the Power Button pressed.
- The Wi-Fi LED indicator will start flashing white while the printer deletes the current network profile settings. After the process completes, you’ll need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings for the printer on your PC.
Setting up the Wi-Fi Network for the Printer to Test Connection
After resetting the HP DeskJet 3630 printer’s network settings, you’ll need to reconnect the device to the Wi-Fi network from your PC. First, ensure you have the latest software and drivers from HP installed on your computer. In some cases, a Windows update can lead to problems with the printer’s driver and software.
- To download the latest software, go to the HP support site and find the software you want to download.
Note that you can download one of the other applications from HP, depending on how you want to use the printer. You have the option to use the Microsoft App, Easy Start Printer Setup, the HP DeskJet 3630 Series Full Feature Software and Drivers, or the basic driver for the printer. This tutorial will use the Full Feature Software and Drivers.
- Wait for the download to complete, then find the installer file on your PC.
- When using the Chrome browser, you can locate the file on your PC by clicking on the Up arrow and choosing the Show in Folder option.
- Once you’ve located the file, double-click to start the installation process.
- If you receive a Security Prompt, click on Run to continue.
Note if you’ve previously installed HP Software, you’ll need to uninstall it before reinstalling the latest version.
- Wait for the installer to extract the package before you can continue.
- Ensure the printer is switched on before clicking Continue on the installer splash screen.
- Click on Connect a New Device to start setting up your wireless connection.
- You choose to configure the printer either Automatically or Manually. If you choose Automatically, the installer will gather information about your wireless network and create the necessary configuration settings. It will automatically discover and locate the printer on the Wi-Fi network and install the new settings.
- If the software cannot automatically add the printer to the network, you may have to connect your printer to the PC using a USB cable to upload the network settings onto the device.
- After setting up the printer, you should try to print a test page using the Wi-Fi connection.
For only $9.99 a month Driver Support | ONE can help you save time and frustration dealing with common Windows device issues as well as added optimization and safety features.
Give Driver Support a Try Today
Additional Troubleshooting Steps for Your HP 3630 DeskJet Printer
If you’re still facing issues with connecting the printer to a Wi-Fi network or using Wi-Fi Direct, you may need to manually update the printer’s drivers.
- Open Device Manager by hitting the Windows Key and typing Device Manager. From the list of applications, select the top result.
- In Device Manager, scroll down to the Print Queues section and click on the arrow to expand.
- From the list of drivers, find your HP 3630 DeskJet device and use the Right Hand Mouse Button (RHMB) to open the context menu.
- From the Context Menu, select Update Driver.
- Choose the first option on the next page to let Windows automatically search and download the latest driver.
- Windows will connect to the internet and search for the latest drivers. Once the process completes, you’ll either receive a prompt that you’re using the latest driver or download and install the latest driver.
- After updating the driver, try printing again using your wireless network. If you’re still facing issues, it may indicate a hardware failure and you’ll need to take the printer to a repair center or contact HP Support if it’s still under warranty.
Use Driver Support to Manage Your PC and Printer Drivers
If you regularly face driver issues, you can use Driver Support to manage all your PC’s devices and printer drivers. Driver Support will ensure you only use the latest, verified drivers for all your hardware. Once you’ve installed the software, you can register it and Driver Support will create an inventory of your PC’s hardware. It will then download the latest drivers supplied by the Original Equipment Manufacturers and update all the devices for you.
For improved PC performance and security, Give Driver Support | ONE a try today!