Acer Monitor Not Working
If your Acer monitor is not working, there can be a number of issues that cause this. Some of these issues include:
- Disconnected power
- Static electricity
- Broken power cords or adapters
- Outdated or missing acer drivers
- monitor hardware issues
Here is a quick troubleshooting guide to get you back to working order in no time.
Acer Computer Monitor Not Turning On
The first step to address an Acer computer monitor not turning on is to check all the connections and power to the monitor and PC.
- Check the power strip you are using by plugging the acer monitor power cord directly into the wall. Make sure the outlet you are using is not powered by a switch.
- After plugging the monitor into another power source, check to see if there are any power lights that show.
- Reset the power to the monitor by removing all power from it. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Connect the monitor to a power source and turn it on.
- Some monitors may have an internal battery. If so there will be a battery pinhole near the power port. While the monitor is unplugged, you can reset this battery.
If the power is working for other devices, but the Acer monitor is still not functioning correctly, it can signal that there could be an issue with the power cable. If this is the case, the power cord is easily replaceable.
Test The Adaptor Cables
- Test your signal cables to ensure they are well connected. They can come loose from being moved or bumped. Check to make sure the pins are not bent and there are no frayed wires.
- You can test the signal cables on another device to confirm that the issue is in fact the signal cable.
- If you have a similar cable in the house, you can replace the cable to see if a new cable helps. These cables range from VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI. They are also fairly inexpensive to replace.
Restore Factory Acer Monitor Settings
Depending on the Asus monitor model you are using, if you press the OSD button and see a menu that displays, you can reset the monitor settings. Do this by pressing and holding the ‘menu’ key.
Then go to ‘System Setup’ and select yes when prompted to ‘restore factory mode’
Graphics Card Driver Updates
Missing or outdated drivers can give your monitor issues as well. If you have an integrated graphics output, you can plug into that output and update your video card’s drivers.
If you’re on a laptop, you can use your native screen and updating your graphics drivers as well as your chipset drivers. If you are looking to save time, Give Driver Support | ONE a try today!.
For only $9.99 a month Driver Support | ONE can help you save time and frustration dealing with common Windows device issues as well as added optimization and safety features.
Give Driver Support a Try Today