Canon Pixma MG2522
- Device NamePIXMA MG2522
- Device TypePrinter
- ManufacturerCanon Inc.
- Latest DriverWindows Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch Ver.1.0.2
The Canon Pixma MG2522 is an all-in-one inkjet printer, scanner, and copier with a four-color cartridge that can easily support a hybrid system, which combines black pigment ink and dye color ink for sharp text and vivid image printing.
An affordable printer perfect for home use, this Canon Pixma comes with WPS functionality, allowing you to link your computer and mobile devices and print files wirelessly. It also supports XL ink cartridges so you can print more pages with each replacement.
Drivers Support provides more information about this affordable printer, including links to the Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless setup and drivers for advanced printing options, security patches, improved printing quality, etc.
You’ll also find a helpful guide on how to set up a Canon Pixma MG2522 printer without a CD and a list of the most important specs and features you might want to know about before deciding which printer to buy.
Canon Pixma MG2522 Driver Setup
|Version #||Date||Driver Name & Download||Compatible OS|
|1.0.2||02/24/2022||Windows Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch Ver.1.0.2 |
More Canon Pixma MG2522 Driver Notes:
|Windows 11 |
Windows 10 (32bit)
Windows 10 (64bit)
Windows 8.1(64bit)Windows Server 2022
Windows Server 2019 (64bit)
Windows Server 2016 (64bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2 (64bit)
How To Setup a Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer Without a CD
Step 1: Pre-Setup
Ensure you have a strong Internet or WiFi connection to complete the setup process.
Sign in to your Microsoft account from your device (computer or tablet).
Step 2: Download and Install Driver Online
For Windows RT:
Use the USB cable to connect your device to the printer.
- Your device should automatically detect the printer driver.
- Once detected, the device will automatically download the “Canon Inkjet Print Utility” software (for detailed print settings).
Download the installation wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
Download the installation wizard recommended for your OS and follow the instructions.
Step 3: Register Printer
The Canon Inkjet Print Utility driver prompt will appear. Click “Start” and choose the Canon Pixma MG2522 from the Select Model window.
Canon Pixma MG2522 OS Compatibility
|Windows||Windows 7 |
|macOS X||High Sierra V10.13 |
Big Sur V11.0
Canon Pixma MG2522 Specification Details
This affordable, all-in-one printer conveniently connects to WiFi for wireless printing but can also connect directly to a computer or mobile device via a USB cable. Color prints come out cleanly, while text documents appear crisp with an impressive print speed of 4-8 ipm2 (images per minute).
Users can switch to XL cartridges, which carry more ink, so you can change cartridges and buy them less frequently. It’s economical and lightweight with a compact body; it’s easy to stow away in a cabinet or shelf when not in use. After the initial setup, you can plug it in and power it up to print, scan, or photocopy documents anytime.
The Canon Pixma MG2522 is a suitable choice for offices, student dorms, and home use.
Check out the Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless setup guide above. You’ll also find the latest driver link above for subsequent driver updates. But if you want a hassle-free experience and ensure timely updates every time a new driver is available, consider getting the Driver Support | ONE driver support software today.
|Print Speed (up to)||Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm2 |
Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm2
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5 Picoliters|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi3 |
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
|Ink Compatibility||PG-245/PG-243: Pigment Black Ink |
CL-246 /CL-244: Dye Based Color Ink
FINE INK CARTRIDGE & FILL VOLUME
PG-245 PGBK 8.0 ml (Std) / 12.0 ml (XL)
CL-246 Color 9.0 ml (Std) / 13.0 ml (XL)
PG-243 PGBK 5.6 ml
CL-244 Color 6.2 ml
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper |
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Other: U.S. #10 Envelopes
|Printer Features||Document Printing, My Image Garden1, Photo Printing, Quiet Mode, Red-Eye Correction, Special Filters|
|Output Tray Capacity||Rear Paper Tray: 60 Sheets of Plain Paper OR 20 Sheets of 4″ x 6″ Glossy Photo Paper|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT (Color): Approx. 31 seconds2|
|Copy Features||Standard Copy|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical: 600 x 1200 dpi (Optical)6 |
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)6
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode4|
|Color Depth||48-bit Internal / 24-bit External|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM7, Auto Power On, Quiet Mode|
|OS Compatibility||Windows:8 Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit |
Mac:9 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.11
|Standard Interface||Hi-Speed USB|
|Software Included||WINDOWS8/MAC9 |
PIXMA MG2522 Printer Driver & Setup Software
My Image Garden1
Full HD Movie Print10, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM7,
Special Filters, Image Correction/Enhance, and
scanning are accessed through My Image Garden
|Warranty||1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free US-based technical phone support.11|
- To install using Windows® OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183.Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Resolution may vary based on the printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/600 inch at minimum.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using My Image Garden software and selecting the 1-click feature then Save to PC.
- The fastest speed in Hi-speed USB on Windows PC. Transfer time to computer not included.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
- Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- Internet Connection required during software installation.
- Full HD Movie Print is available from MOV and MP4 movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel® processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for MOV files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for MOV or MP4 files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.