Update HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer driver using HP Support site
1) You will need to know a few details about your printer (Product Name & Model ID (in this case “HP Officejet Pro 8600”), and what is your Windows operating system). Also, the directions below may vary slightly based on the Windows operating system you are using.
*To use these steps, you have to be logged on to the computer with an administrator account. Chances are that you are already logged on with an administrator account. If you are not logged on with an administrator account, you must know the name and the password of an administrator account on the computer.
NOTE: Are you sure you dont want to use the recommended solution below and use DriverSupport to help find the correct HP driver in minutes and take care of all the work for you? Download and Install DriverSupport to help automated the process of updating your HP 8600 Printer
2) One you have located these items on your printer for step 1 you can then visit the HP support website here.
3) You will need to navigate the HP Support site to find the Printer Drivers section.
4) Once you find the correct section of the site you will need to run a search for your “HP Officejet Pro 8600” printer .
5) If the HP support site correctly finds your printer it will load the printer driver page. You will then need to find the correct driver install package for your Windows Operating system. There could be multiple options to download on these pages like Firmware, Software-ePrint, Utility-Diagnostic Tools, and finally some Driver packages (Full or Basic). Choose the correct HP Printer Driver install package to download to your Windows PC for the OfficeJet 8600.
Are you sure you dont want to try DriverSupport instead to save yourself the time and hassle? Try it now
6) Once the file is downloaded you will need to fine the .EXE (executable) you got from HP and right click to run or double-click the file.
7) The installation to run and find your 8600 officejet printer, however this tool may not let you know when there are future driver updates and may need further configuration to get your printer to work properly. Remember, DriverSupport can monitor the HP Officejet 8600 printer drivers for you as a service and make sure you always have the most up to date drivers.
Your HP Printer still isn’t printing properly!? you have all the HP printer drivers updated, HELP! Read our HP Printer Isn’t Printing Help Guide for more tips and tricks to get that pesky printer working. You can also manually download the latest printer driver for this model here.