How To: Realtek Audio Driver Solutions for Windows
Realtek is a very common audio solution for many OEM computer brands and is usually a simple platform for delivering quality sound/audio solutions to consumers. Below are some of the more common solutions to Realtek audio driver issues and installation options.
SOLUTION 1: Realtek HD Audio Drivers Download for Windows
Manual Method: Update Realtek audio driver through “Device Manager”
1) Go to Device Manager.
To Start Device Manager
Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key (“Run”).
Type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box like shown below
2) Expand category “Sound, video and game controllers” by click the arrow that is point right as seen below. Under this category, right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” or “Realtek Audio”. Click Update Driver Software on the menu.
3) Click “Search automatically” for updated driver software.
If the driver is up-to-date, you will be notified that “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. Then you don’t need to update the driver.
5. After the driver is installed, restart your computer for the changes to be fully implemented.
Software Method: Download and install the Realtek audio driver from OEM manufacturers
It is possible to download the latest driver on Realtek website, however it can be a little difficult to do manually if you are not comfortable with technical operations.
Once on the Realtek website, Click High Definition Audio Codecs (Software). Then follow the on-screen instructions and download the correct driver corresponding with your version of Windows. Lastly, click on the downloaded file to install the driver software delivered from Realtek.
SOLUTION 2: How to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager
Manual Method: Installing Realtek HD Audio Manager
Realtek HD Audio Manager will be installed along with Realtek Audio driver. If you are comfortable with advanced settings use it to change audio settings to get better sound experience. If it is missing , the Realtek audio driver may be corrupted, get it back by reinstalling the Realtek audio driver.
You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Visit the Realtek website to find the drivers corresponding with your system version and then download the driver manually. Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
These are the most common solutions for Realtek audio issues. We hope this helped you solve your Realtek sound problems.
Automated Solution DriverSupport (Recommended)
If above two methods don’t work for you; or if you don’t have the patience, time, or computer skills, to update/fix manually it is possible to do it automatically with DriverSupport.
Automatically update Realtek Drivers (Recommended)
DriverSupport will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers in your computer. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running. It is possible to update the Realtek Sound Drivers automatically with the Premium version of DriverSupport .
1. Download and Install DriverSupport
2. Let the software run the free scan for you to detect all your driver problems and any other optimization opportunities
3. Click the “FIX IT” button and register DriverSupport to get started updating your drivers for Realtek audio devices on your computer
4. Once Registered and in Premium mode the software will walk you through the entire process, plus with your registration you will receive unlimited tech support with our DriverSupport Signature Service! Just call us toll-free after registration.