How To: HP Printer Driver Solutions for Windows
Whether you have recently added a new HP printer in your home or a current printer is just not working correctly, or at all there are some easy solutions you can try. Outlined below are some simple solutions along with a recommended solution to use DriverSupport to easily update your HP printer drivers with no fuss or worry.
SOLUTION 1: Download HP Printer Drivers Manually
Manual Method: Update HP Printer driver using HP Support site
1) You will need to know a few details about your printer (Product Name & Model ID, and what is your Windows operating system). Also, the directions below may vary slightly based on the Windows operating system you are using.
*To use these steps, you have to be logged on to the computer with an administrator account. Chances are that you are already logged on with an administrator account. If you are not logged on with an administrator account, you must know the name and the password of an administrator account on the computer.
2) One you have located these items on your printer you can then visit the support website here.
3) You will need to navigate the HP Support site to find the Printer Drivers section.
4) Once you find the correct section of the site you will need to run a search for your specific HP printer model.
5) If the HP support site correctly finds your printer it will load the printer driver page. You will then need to find the correct driver install package for your Windows Operating system. There could be multiple options to download on these pages like Firmware, Software-ePrint, Utility-Diagnostic Tools, and finally some Driver packages (Full or Basic). Choose the correct HP Printer Driver install package to download to your Windows PC.
NOTE: Are you sure you dont want to use the recommended solution below and use DriverSupport to help find the correct HP driver in minutes and take care of all the work for you?
6) Once the file is downloaded you will need to fine the .EXE (executable) from HP and right click to run or double-click the file.
7) The installation to run and find your printer, however this tool may not let you know when there are future driver updates and may need further configuration to get your printer to work properly.
My HP Printer still isn’t printing properly. I have all the HP printer drivers updated, HELP! Read our HP Printer Isn’t Printing Help Guide for more tips and tricks to get that pesky printer working.
Solution 2 : Automatically Update HP Printer Drivers Using DriverSupport (Recommended)
If above two methods don’t work for you; or if you don’t have the patience, time, or computer skills, to update/fix manually it is possible to do it automatically with DriverSupport.
Automatically update HP Printer Drivers (Recommended)
DriverSupport will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers in your computer whether its related to your HP printer or anything else running in or attached too your PC. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running or the model of your printer, because we will take care of knowing all that when we scan your PC. It is possible to update the HP printer drivers automatically with the Premium version of DriverSupport, so make sure you upgrade to premium as well.
Step 1. Download and Install DriverSupport
Step 2. Let the software run the free scan for you to detect all your printer related driver download issues and any other optimization opportunities
Step 3. Click the “FIX IT” button and register DriverSupport to get started updating your drivers for HP device drivers on your computer. This will guide you down the registration path.
Step 4. Once Registered and in Premium mode the software will walk you through the entire process, plus with your registration you will receive unlimited tech support with our DriverSupport Signature Service! Just call us toll-free after registration. With this service we can continue to help you with many of the HP printer related issues you may have.